Monday, October 15, 2012

Digging In

This past week I've been getting the house in order from our visit to family.  Sometimes I wonder why I go away since it's always so much work when I get back.

This week I was fortunate in that the man got back from work early enough so that I didn't have to go pick up the rental car - yay!  Unfortunately, his work was having the annual employee breakfast meeting on Saturday so he wasn't around for the whole morning.  It would be so nice if he could just be home for one whole weekend, is that really too much to ask?

One of the exciting things that happened this weekend is that Prima had her first official horse riding lesson.  I really like the barn where she's taking lessons.  She has been to a couple horse camps before but not actual lessons so I can't really compare the lessons to those at other barns.  One thing I love though, is that Prima is learning how to safely get the horse from the field (without letting the other horses our too).  She's learning how to properly tack the horse and lead the horse and all kinds of other things about handling horses.  Prima really enjoyed her lesson and is excited to go back in two weeks.

I've been focused on getting the yard work finished before the ground freezes and the snow falls.  I like to get everything tidied up before it gets covered in snow.  I have a few plants from my sister's house that I still need to get in the ground plus some of my own plants that still need to be moved around.  I had hoped to order some fall bulbs this year but I think that will have to wait for next year.  I'm so excited about my garden next year though.  It will be fun to see all the plants from this year come up in the spring.  My goal is to never have to mow our front lawn and it's so nice to see the progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment